Saturday, April 3, 2021

Poems XX

I apologize to the Fates,
to think that I didn't believe in soulmates,
and relationships great
and small were all worked or tall
tales and fables

and I was wrong.

Here you tell me to whisper sweet nothings, but I won't, because nothings are absences, and even though you are gone there is no void, I am full in my heart, and clear in my intention
to follow your Westward direction,
for new frontiers of sexual tension
pierced to clarity by a love

that is strong.

At home I sit, with a dog on the couch,
mouthing the words that one day will vouch
for a lifetime of love, from heaven above
to the simple mountains and groves,
to beached treasure troves,
to deserts where the only things thriving is us,
living,
Here in my heart,

where you belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment