Thursday, September 11, 2014

Poems XI

"On Horseshoe Lake"

A slight breeze brings the scent of the trees,
The bushes in sight
But no flowers, though
I scent happiness bright,
The smell of the act of living.
I calm my heart, and
Sunbursts bubble up from the deep.
I paddle in a ring,
Ringed by canine friendliness.
Sticks drift past me, theirs once, as
The cares of the world.

Green and brown and blue and
Hues all in between,
the murkiness and sun and shade collide.
No exultant joy, no excitement of ecstasy but-
Sweet, sweet melancholy turning to happiness as
The season turns too,
To what's right and should be.
No sadness there for me.

I paddle back and forth and have no purpose and
Stress washes and melts in the sun's warm beams.
It's serene, beauteous, peaceful and quiet, and
Solitary! But
I finally don't feel lonely.
Just calm even though the wind stirs the waves.
The chilly lake has no measure of "too much-"
Refreshment only,
The wind dies for me, the only one.
Just by myself, with a quieted mind.
He's not bringing the world with him. Just
Accepting it, the wondrous things,
The impartial sun, the lovely sun.
I am acquitted of dreariness and business both.

So I paddle, sweet serenity my guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment