Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Last Wednesday There Occurred an Event of Great Fortune

Delving into Facebook notes, I've got this gem from November, 2011. What's funny is that I've now met the girl who I mention in the note, and she's very, very nice. The internet discovered her recently after the College World Series this year, since she's a player's girlfriend. That was kind of a disgusting public sleuthing, so I'm not putting any information here. But those in the know should understand.

Last Wednesday There Occurred An Event Of Great Fortune
Unedited since November 9, 2011 at 10:14pm

Let me tell you a tale about two people.

One is a small boy whom I see every Wednesday as I walk back from linguistics class. Usually he has a look on his face like he's the saddest child in the world. He mopes through campus near the Pauley construction with a backpack that seems to have utterly quashed his dreams with its weight. One time he had a project, a volcano if I recall, and he held it sullenly like the it was the only thing he had left in this world, yet he knew it would soon desert him as well. He's probably only ten, but is the sullenest boy I've seen outside of photographs from tsunami-stricken lands.

The next is a young woman attending UCLA. I have no idea her name, who she is, or anything other than the utter conviction I have that she has the largest breasts on campus. She is a skinny blonde with fantastically flaunted legs, a preference for pink tank tops that show ample cleavage, and too much makeup on. But dear god, her breasts. Each tit dwarfs her head; there is no way they can can be natural, since they stem from such a trim frame. I can only imagine she had her ample bosom naturally and then decided to shoot the moon with augmentation as well. Or she got implants first and unknowingly was a late bloomer in the chest department. I stare more in shock than admiration when I see her on campus.

Today, I saw her again. She passed me by the Wooden Center as I talked to a friend. She continued away down the path. I started walking that way shortly after, my friend having entered the gym. And as I sauntered forward, I saw my friend the sad child, walking from the opposite direction, parallel and passing...

It was good to see him smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment