Monday, August 19, 2013

Origins

Hallo.

Deciding to create a blog while watching Jean-Claude Van Damme's 1996 action flick Maximum Risk may seem like a silly endeavor. Realizing that you already created a Blogger blog 2 years ago makes it even sillier, especially when you happen upon its name- Blogota, Colombloga. Well, I've decided to go through with the blogging and to never change the name. It's awesome. I changed the URL though, since jimmydavoren.blogspot.com is a lot simpler to spell than blogotacolombloga.blogspot.com if I ever want any sort of internet traffic.

With that wonderful lead-in, I give you all the first post in Jimmy Davoren's blog. I am excited to start posting here, but even more excited to share the things I have learned from Maximum Risk:
a) Natasha Henstridge is utterly slammin' and has Grade A boobies, and
b) apparently in the 80s and 90s what constituted the female posterior started a solid foot higher up on a woman. Great butts were a joint project embarked upon by glutes, lower backs, and genetics.
c) in comparison to Carl Weathers' Action Jackson, it would seem that a badge pales in comparison to a gun for commandeering a vehicle, even for police officers.

Here some things I didn't learn from Maximum Risk:
a) JCVD is awesome
b) I wish I could be a JCVD character, kicking ass all over the place with a European accent and a karate-sculpted body.

Why did we not learn these things from Maximum Risk? It's not that they're false. It's that we already learned both lessons the first time I ever watched a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie. 80s/90s action stars and Will Smith give immediate, personal "box office" pull to any movie. Animated features do the same these days, if I understand the plot. Turbo is not something I want to ever see. And if we're listing stuff I like, Hot Dog The Movie is true tops. It's on Comcast again, for free. What a (possibly softcore) film.

No comments:

Post a Comment